After our regional launch in July, we met again on 7 October and agreed a number of points:
1. South Yorkshire is a big region with distinctive urban identities. So we decided to meet in sub-groups – Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham & Sheffield for regular prayer and planning sessions.
2. As a whole region, we plan to come together every six months to update each other, pray together and generally encourage each other.
3. Any training events are likely to be held on a Yorkshire-wide basis.
4. The process of mapping our localities will continue; with the aim being to build a comprehensive picture of the church scene in South Yorkshire.
5. Each of the above is with the purpose of being prepared, under God, to respond swiftly to Gospel opportunities when they arise. (We recognise that there is rarely time for three committee meetings plus a couple of finance consultations when buildings (or men) become available!)
Plans are now going ahead for the local sub-group meetings, do get in touch if you’d like to be linked to one of those.